November 21, 2011

Twitter Hashtags

When you're looking for people in Twitter, the first ones that you're going to add are the ones you know personally. When you're looking for people who are interested in the same topics as you, the Twitter hashtags are there to help you out. These so-called "hashtags" are the ones that are preceded by a pound/number (#) sign. I got to follow some SEO people like Rand Fishkin, Danny Sullivan, and Matt Cutts because of those hashtags. I added #SEO in some of my Tweets last week.

As I was checking my Twitter account for updates last week, I saw this interesting conversation going on between lots of SEO people. I noticed everyone adding the hashtag #seochat in their Tweets. The conversation made me wish that I could have participated there early. Well, since I didn't get to see a lot of 'em Tweets, I went ahead and Tweeted about it, saying that there's a great deal of SEO stuff going on in this chat.

A few days later, Ash Buckles of SEO.com (you can follow him on Twitter: @ashbuckles) mentioned me in his Tweet and said that I should join the conversations on the next SEOChat session. He gave me the schedule; It's every Thursday, 7PM Mountain. Go ahead an participate! You'll get a lot of good info about SEO and the SEO Reseller industry in the conversation, so don't miss out on this great opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment